Monday, November 20, 2006

LOVIN' YA!

Thanks to all our wonderful supportive friends and family our send off has been so smooth and happy! Zarha's friends threw her a surprise Ben Viaje party! It was amazing! I filmed and cried.Zarha has the most creative, thoughtful and funny friends. Of course their parents are pretty smashing too. Thank to Antoine and Larry for hosting all the kids and goodies. The Samples (a family we honor so much our dog Sample was named after them) bought Zarha dragon prayer flags that we will travel with and make a nest of dragons for her wherever she goes. Does everyone know that one of Zarhas favorite things are dragons? Hence her nickname Ice Dragon. She also goes by the name "Pineapple" too. I'm going to get to know the side of Pineapple I don’t get to see much with my busy schedule.
Lynn made the most delicious Vegan chocolate cake for the party. I was going to smuggle some into Venezuela but it was devoured before I could squirrel some away. Hey Lynn if reading this PLEASE post the recipe! Zarha is so lucky to have friends that really know and love her enough to accommodate all her weird quirks! Antoine made her two t-shirts. One with a big red button that says, "Do not press" and one with the must gigantic paper clip and many small paper clips on the back. I am still trying to figure out what all this means. I will have 3 months of bonding time to discover all the nuances of my very eccentric child. To her best friends ever Dorian, Nat, Audrey, Rhyadh, Emma, Taylor, Jordan, Joel, Zach thanks for the surprise!

Our parents have made the transition for this experience so much easier! I wont list all the ways they have supported us from birth up until now but suffice it to say that we wouldn’t be going at all if it wasn’t for them! We love you all so much! We will take great care of the one thing of value we have ever been able to repay you with, the sweet girl that made you all Grandparents! No worries. However first we need to teach her SHE is not the one taking care of us!

Thanks to my yoga studio teachers and friends for inspiring me and guiding me into positions this year I would never even have thought of! Look for yoga photos here because I have found studios in Caracas. Thanks Suzanne for that terrific travel yoga guide!

Thanks to our great friends, especially our housemates who have committed to paying the bills and keeping the plants and great black panther vibrant and happy! Thanks for those willing friends that are keeping our eye sore cars. Especially my graffiti art car, that is not to everyone’s taste.

And thanks to all the freaky people that make the beauty of the world.

Lastly, to the corporate sponsors of whom we have none......stop destroying the earth and exploiting the human beings that work for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home