Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Tips for Travelers...


Always double, triple check departing and arriving days and times. Luckily we erred on the side of an hour earlier than we planned. That is far better then being late. We were rushing around this morning cramming in last minute packing and organizing and then found out that we leave at 1:15 not 11:59. This once and for all affirms my dyslexia. In the email confirmation all it said was "depart at 115P. So in my small brain with few wrinkles I interpreted that to mean 11:59. Isn't it reassuring that I make my living off interpreting meaning between cultures and languages. And up until last week we were planning on leaving Nov 22 and then realized it was Nov 21st. However that was Andy's error and I cannot explain it. Just glad we are catching these glithces before it really throws off all travel plans.

Unless we miss our flight (knocking on wood) this will be our last post from the States. Of course I did think "hmmm, with the extra time I could go and do a yoga class" Andy's look alone brought me back to reality.

More Indymedia journalist friends of ours are in Oaxaca, Mexico reporting on the brutal repression and murder by the Mexican Government of innocent people. Please, Jeff and Sharpie be careful as you try to bring more awareness to this situation. If you can enlighten us about the investigation into Brads execution by the Mexican government that would be helpful. There is so much misinformation and blatant lies as they try to blame his murder on the people he was there to protect with his camera.

last post from our cozy home. Off to the great unknown.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We Miss You already, Zarha!!
Please email us whenever possible. Dorian and Antoine

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Z Z! It's Doria---uh...Tawny!! I have my own blog now! If you get a chance, check it out, and maybe even leave a comment for me!

http://brackenclaw.blogspot.com/

Dorian
*cough* brackenclaw

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home